WHAT TO TAKE ON YOUR CAMPING TRIP
We recommend that you try to travel lightly and carry what is necessary during the Camping trip.
If you have luggage that you need for other trips before or at the beginning of the trip, we can organize you to keep these at the starting Point hotel/Lodge whereby you shall pick them at the end of the trip. Luggage can be kept in one soft large travelling bag or back pack. We recommend you also have a day pack bag to carry items you will need for nature walks or an overnight in a remote location.
- Camping Equipment
We shall provide all the camping equipment that includes your sleeping tent, mattress and cooking gear. You will need to bring your own sleeping bag, torch, and an extra bed sheet for hot nights, mosquito nets, a pillow and Pajamas depending on your sleeping preferences.
- Clothing and Shoes – lightweight clothes are recommended in most parts of Africa but a Jacket or a very warm fleece is a must because temperatures drop at times especially in high altitude places. An umbrella or rain coat is needed despite the season or time of the Year. Two or three pairs of shoes that must include comfortable ankle length thick-soled walking boots and open sandal-like ones for the beach and evenings. A Washing line, detergent and pegs, a swimming costume and a sarong will come in handy.
- Items of a personal nature – Water bottle, mosquito repellant spray or cream, sunblock and other toiletries, sunglasses are almost a must-carry. Other items we recommend are Binoculars, Camera and accessories, money belt or pouch, photocopies of your air tickets, passports, and vaccination certificates kept separately from the originals. Personal medications or first aid kit
IN GENERAL FOR ALL TRIPS – LODGES/CAMPING
- Passport with validity of at least 6 Months before It expires
- Travel Insurance
- Visas depending on the trip,
- Trip confirmation Voucher
- Return air ticket
Check your baggage allowance requirement and specification of the bag on your air Ticket.
For flight packages safaris for domestic and regional flights, they recommend soft bags where the right kilograms will be advise upon confirmation of your safari
Most of the Camping items can be purchased locally such as the sleeping bag, water bottle, washing line, detergents and pegs, Masai Shuka etc to avoid heavy Packing. Ask your guide to advice on where to donate items that you do not need at the end of the trip if they are reusable and in good condition.